Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Book Club

I'm in a new book club. We had our first meeting last week, and although turn-out was low (isn't that uncommon in a book club?) it was fun. We read Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen, which maybe was a little intimidating for a first book. I enjoyed it, because it is so different from the usual murder mysteries I've been reading. Of course, now I have the desire to speak with a British accent and go around town leaving my calling card (work? who needs work? don't we all live on the interest of our savings, which of course, we inherited?)
But I digress.
I'll let you know when the new book is picked, and you can read along if you'd like. Maybe we'll have an online book club meeting to discuss. I have to go have some tea and scones now, and maybe a cordial to cure my maladies. Ta Ta!

2 comments:

kelly said...

Hi there -- if you like mysteries you might like my debut novel Standing Still. It's literary fiction with a mystery wrapped up in it. If your book club is interested, I can visit or phone in to discuss it with them. And it comes out in paperback in February.

Take care
Kelly
bykellysimmons.com

GreenApple Publicity said...

Hello! We thought you and your readers might like to receive a free full-length novel, Jumble Pie, a heartwarming story about two women, a friendship, and a pie. The author has two published novels (Penguin Putnam) and is providing this as a thank-you to readers!

Please visit http://www.melanielynnehauser.com/JumblePie to request a copy.

Search This Blog