Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Beaded

Nothing but work for the past few days, so no new creations and no exciting stories. All windows intact. I've been entertaining myself by reading some blogsites I stumbled upon, postsecret and passiveagressivenotes.com.
Still catching up with my camera, these are some of the bracelets I made as Christmas presents: "cousins bracelets" for all of the girls, made up of all of the cousins' birthstones, including turqoise, fresh water pearls, and Swarovski crystals for the rest (I couldn't afford diamonds...) with little silver toggles. The girls seemed to like them; they are pretty sparkly, after all. I made some bracelets for adults, with fresh water pearls and garnets, and fresh water pearls and pink Swarovski crystals. I like the results.

I find that making beaded jewelry is therapeutic, definitely calming. I always lose track of time when I work with beads. I think a lot of crafts are like that, probably why crafting is so popular.

No comments:



Search This Blog