Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Just Another Reason to Run

I can't remember the last time this happened to me: I was completely misunderstood. Not misheard. More like misinterpreted. And so now I have another reason to run. As in on the treadmill, not for office.
I went out to the front of the office and invited a client who was waiting to come back into the office. Usually, I am not the one who does this--I meet them once they're in the back. So the woman says to me, "Oh, I didn't expect to see you out here!" and I graciously replied, "I thought I'd cut down on the wait." To which she replied,"Yeah, it's good to get exercise when you can, to keep an eye on your weight."
Yah.
So either she was being polite and was just going along with me, or she thought I needed to get more exercise. Because of my weight.
Anyway, as she left my office, I said, "Would you mind bringing this paper to the desk?" and she replied, "Sure, I don't mind a little exercise."
Hmm.
Well that was the funniest conversation I had today. I tell you that as I am sitting on the couch watching the Red Sox and eating Ghirardelli 60%cacao baking chips out of the bag. Yum.

1 comment:

The Over-Thinker said...

I love the exchange--I think I may have thought the same thing she did, too. Regardless of the size/shape of the person who said it. I think it's because most of the world is so comfortable being critical of their weight, level of health, etc.

To treadmill or not to treadmill. That is the question. And I'm pretty sure that I'm going with the answer of "eat chocolate out of the bag" because: Duh.



Search This Blog