Monday, March 24, 2008

Lazy Days

It's Monday and it's laundry day (yes, I am obsessed with laundry) but I am not doing laundry. I am in such a lazy lazy place right now; not blogging, not laundering, not cleaning, not working, (I had the week off) and not exercising (okay, that's not something new, but it could be) not sewing. I didn't even make canoli for Easter, for the first time in 5 or 6 years. I did make the cover recipe from the most recent Bon Appetit, some lemony cupcakes with raspberry jam filling. (See, I'm even too lazy to go find the actual title of the recipe!) I'm not much for cake, but they were pretty good, except that the raspberry jam leaked to the bottom. Maybe because I doubled the recipe and that somehow threw off the density of the batter. I consider them a failure.
Hey, I did rake (a small part of) the yard this weekend. And now I can hardly move. But I don't think that's the cause of the laziness.

Things I did not enjoy these past few days:
.raking
.breaking my rake with one last pile of leaves left
.having to use a pitchfork to move the leaves, yup, because I was too lazy to look for another rake. (Yes, cleaning the garage is on the list.)
.having to do two emergency loads of laundry because of certain items of clothing needed tomorrow. Said items being of two different color groups and therefore not washable together.
.checking my work account and finding 112 letters to read. ahyuck.
.anticipating work (but just today)
.listening to yelling children during Easter Mass. (MY yelling children. Mass was curtailed.)

Things I did enjoy these past few days:
.watching the children hunt for eggs
.their belief
.the importance of magic in the life of a child
.looking at the raked part of my yard
.seeing the flowers coming up
.not working
.making the baby smile
.watching the kids make the baby smile
.planning and buying for the next round of birthdays.

It's been a nice few days. I just need a little motivation and I'll be good to go.


No comments:



Search This Blog